Get in Touch

  • Live Chat
  • Email Us
Call Us
  • INTL 001.562.252.3789
  • USA 800.430.4095
  • UK (+44) 20 3695 2266
  • Switzerland (+41) 43 508 4676

Select your language

Email Marketing Statistics

Nutrition & Diet Businesses

Nutrition & Diet Businesses Email Marketing Statistics
Recently published studies and surveys conducted by leading industry sources were the basis for the statistical data contained within this report. Data was supplemented with the information obtained from US nutrition and diet business owners and managers.
Nutrition & Diet Businesses Engaging in Email Marketing
Fifty-one percent of nutrition and diet businesses report current usage of email marketing campaigns; another 15 percent claim plans to engage in email marketing in the near future. Thirty-four percent of nutrition and diet businesses assert no plans to engage their customer base through email marketing newsletter campaigns at current.
Nutrition & Diet Business Sending Frequency
Fifty-four percent of nutrition and diet businesses send email marketing materials on a monthly basis, while 42 percent send emails more often than monthly and some businesses send much less frequently – two percent, every two months; one percent, quarterly; and one percent seasonally or annually.
Nutrition & Diet Business Content Type
Forty-eight percent of all nutrition and diet businesses engage their subscriber base with exclusively informational content. Thirty-five percent send a mix of informational and sales material. Seventeen percent send purely sales information.
How Nutrition & Diet Businesses Obtain Email Subscribers
Subscriber sources among nutrition and diet businesses are based in customers already accessing the company. Seventy-one percent of subscribers are current clients; 13% are Web-derived subscribers; seven percent are gained through varied promotional results; seven percent from public promotional events; and two percent are purchased and supplied leads.
Typical Nutrition & Diet Business Email Subscriber List Size
The distribution of subscription list size among nutrition and diet businesses is as follows:

27 percent: less than 500 email addresses
15 percent: between 500 and 1,000
18 percent: between 1,000 and 3,000
23 percent: between 3,000 and 5,000
17 percent: more than 5,000
Nutrition & Diet Business List Segments
Only 27 percent of all diet and nutrition owners and managers report segmentation efforts within their email campaigns; the remaining 73 percent do not separate their lists by demographic, geographic or behavior sections.